dimanche 16 décembre 2007

Pax britannica in Basra

As the rhythm of my posts shows it, I'm extremely busy. But today I'm so outraged that I want to share my bad vibes (sorry) because I think anger is sometimes good.

So, apparently we (the West) invaded Iraq to protect democracy and human rights. It was a duty for some (Kouchner our French foreign minister for example, who is a big fan of "le droit d'ingérence").

Today, the UK troops left Basra into the hands of the new Iraq authorities.

Everybody wonders about the security of people there now.

So, okey, maybe the security is not ensured, but hey ! now Basrans live in democracy !

Yeah, right... Basra used to be a city where women walked unveiled and where night life was very much appreciated.

Since the invasion, this has come to change dramatically as The Vancouver Sun told the 8th of December:

Women in Iraq's southern city of Basra are living in fear. More than 40 have been killed and their bodies dumped in the streets in the past five months for behaviour deemed un-Islamic, the city's police chief says.

Fuck pax britannica and americana!




Aucun commentaire: